Wood Training (WT) has put together a team to assist us being as well planned as possible when navigating through the issues due to COVID-19. This is to protect staff, students and our stakeholders.
The Ministry of Health Act 1956 gives powers to authorise closure of tertiary institutions under certain circumstances. Health and Safety at Work 2015 requires the PCBU to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health the safety of those we have responsibility for.
There are 4 phases of our Pandemic Plan which is aligned to the Ministry of Health:
• Ministry of Health (MOH) Alert Code: White
Health officials are concerned that a pandemic virus could pose a substantial risk in New Zealand
• Ministry of Health (MOH) Alert Code: Yellow
The pandemic plan is activated, and WT is ready for the subsequent phases, should the pandemic enter New Zealand.
• Ministry of Health (MOH) Alert Code: Red
Ministry of Health announces human pandemic strain case(s) found in separate locations in New Zealand.
• Ministry of Health (MOH) Alert Code: Green
Population protected by vaccination and/or pandemic abated in New Zealand.
New Zealand has confirmed COVID-19 cases and there is evidence of community-based transmission, this places our plan in the red phase.
We are required to close and we are notifing you and provide information about refunds, rescheduling, alternatives etc on a case-by-case basis.
WHAT DO WE NEED YOU TO DO?
To help us plan for the next 4 months or so as New Zealand attempts to “flatten the curve”, we recommend the following:
• PLAN AHEAD and consider ONLINE TRAINING. We can move some training online, but we will need some time to do this – to assist us, tell us which courses you will definitely need to have access to over the next 4 months.